Tuesday, October 20, 2009

money matters


in every conversation we have about money, josh says i spend too much, and i say i don't. i always like to point out that i could do a lot worse. last night he had this clever response and i told him that it was one of my most favorite josh quotes ever. . .

"yes, robin . . . you do a great job not spending as much money as you could."

yes people, you heard it right. josh sees the potential in me and is glad that i don't live up to it.

8 comments:

Jen Hargraves said...

Oh...that is too funny! Good job, Josh! Always looking at the positive. :)

aubry. said...

Watch out, Josh. This 3000 mile wedge between your wife and I will not always exist. There will come a day when we will live closer (or you will make enough to fly US to exotic locations) and then. AND THEN you will learn of the potential buried (not very deep) inside your wife.

Just wait.

Papa Dave said...

aaahhhhhh!!!!!! 30 years ago!!!! I could have used you then Josh. Is it too late now?

Very very good. I love it.

Love Dad

lara said...

yes, he is right. does he know about your trip to j. crew that one conference weekend? the one where we had "drinks" in park city? the one where andi, you, and i each had our own bed in our own room at jenny's house? whoa mama.

Fulkerson Clan said...

remember when you and i shopping together would strike fear in the heart of our husbands? oh, how i miss our trips to monterey and target together! steve and i have this weird habit of going out and both spending a lot of money after having one of our "we both need to stop spending money" talks. so maybe you should just tell josh that you can't talk about money anymore b/c it just makes you want to spend more :)

melanie said...

It's interesting because in some ways I feel like I keep a tighter reign on our money now that we have a real job/money. When you are a student even if you don't spend a dime you'll still be broke, so it's hard to see the difference between being a little broke and a lot broke. Now, I know if I hold off on all the little things I want I can fairly soon get the bigger thing that I really want. But as a student even if you hold off on those little things, it never seems like you're able to get that bigger, better thing anyways. So that's my theory on the matter, I'm sure Josh will be ecstatic to hear it.

9M (nine months & beyond) said...

i hear you rob-lowe. I am just glad Blaine is still gone for another week: plenty of time to hide all evidence of any shopping trips in LA!

Mel said...

I could not wait to show gary this post. we had a good laugh for a few minutes. seriously, we have the same conversation over and over. if only gary saw the potential that i don't live up to after each of my shopping trips.