i had no idea what a conversation i would spark with my little post about words. i loved all the comments and texts i received for the next few days.
but hands down, the award for annoying me the most with extreme usage of said words goes to heather anderson lister. heather and i have known each other forever and she will always be on my short list of funniest people i've ever known. back in our primary days we would sit in the back and be super funny by singing every other word of every song. or, there was the time we had the ongoing inside joke where we would imagine the worst thing thing that could happen if we didn't have any fingernails. for instance, running our fingernail-less fingers along that scratchy stuff they put on the church walls. . . or getting a splinter where your fingernails should be. you know, stuff like that. we were the most. (which brings up another awesome heather/robin thing... saying "the most" as often as we could. yes, i'm sure we were slightly annoying.)
heather faithfully reads my blog but can't comment on it for some weird reason, so we talk about my posts via facebook. so yesterday on my wall, this lovely fictional nugget of joy appeared:
"I held my breath and pursed my lips as I tried on my new bra. It was perfect! I knew it would be. I pictured it under the perfect shirt with a new purse, a nice makeup job, and maybe even a little lipstick. Everything was falling into place. I was so excited I almost went pee in my panties. But there was also another reason for that..I was prego. That's right, yours truly..preggers. I knew our upcoming vacay would be the perfect time to tell my hubby. That reminded me, I needed to text him the flight schedule. My first clue about the pregnancy had been when my chapstick started to smell funny to me. My favorite Dr. Pepper chapstick suddenly smelled rancid. Then food no longer held any appeal. Food had been my constant up until that point. Food...the answer to everything. All I knew was I was entering a new chapter of my life and could not wait to tell my hubby. I would definitely have to capture the moment with a pic and text it to everyone I knew."
besides making me cringe, isn't she so funny?
i have a picture of me and heather, but she would not be happy if i posted it. she knows which one it is.
so, here's a picture of us and other friends (along with marilyn monroe's breasts) that are also dear to my heart. (the friends, not m.m. breasts.) heather's the third one from the right.

2 comments:
Awesome.
clever, clever heather.
i can hear your laugh now... loud and clear.
Post a Comment