Friday, July 31, 2009

what?!

well, besides gestating, july was a complete waste of a month. two weeks of sickness for me and the kids followed by another two weeks (and counting) of pregnant sickness. this is really turning out to be a great summer!

so, i have nothing exciting to report because we have done nothing. but it is time to see that last post move down and i think i've gotten all the comments i'm gonna get out of it, so i will post about something.

this is my what?! list.
i've been creating it in my head for a while. they are a few things that i just really don't understand. at all.

to start with. . . have you seen those creepy palm pre commercials? whoa. i'm not really sure what they're trying to do here, but it makes me want to run and hide.



next . . . what was with janette getting voted off "so you think you can dance"? huh? is there no justice in the world?

okay. . . i don't really need to say much about this, but jon gosselin has completely gone crazy. i'm not saying anything new here, but remember the old "jon and kate plus eight"? ah, those were the good old days. now it's just a train wreck. and what's with the smoking?


and why must there be a fat version of "the bachelor"? why do we constantly need to separate fat people from the rest of the world? and the name. . . "more to love"? "the bachelor" isn't called "beautiful people falling in love" so why must this new stupid show have a title that cleverly implies the subject matter?

has anything made you say what?! lately?

7 comments:

cindy. said...

i say "WHAT???????" every single time i watch "so you think you can dance" and look at what cat is wearing. WHAT is she thinking? actually, i probably say it 14 times during each episode. this week was no exception. sequin green with shoulder pads and sleeves to her elbows. WHAT?

and i totally agree on janette being kicked off. grrrr. she rocks.

amber said...

Oh I'm so glad you said something about that horrible commercial!! I go running for the channel changer every time it comes on because it makes me ill to watch it. PS I'm also thrilled to hear you are pregnant because I am too and was beginning to thing I was crazy, but since Oliver and Grayson were born on the same day I can't be too crazy right? :)Congrats, I'm so excited for you guys!

jamie said...

i'll get back to you on the "what?!", but i had to say that i kinda hate that you started this post out with the word "gestating".

shudder.

perhaps i'll do an underwear post, featuring bras and panties.

Sweet J said...

ooh. i love this. i have lots of "what?!" things to add.

how about "dating in the dark". have you seen commercials for that show? horrible decent into sensationalism in television.

(uh... this is aubry. but jen's logged in. too difficult to change it)

Sweet J said...

p.s. i decided that if they ever had a "t-shirt and jeans" bachelor, i'd be on it. enough of these ridiculous dresses. nothing real about cocktail parties anyway. in real life, we're wearing t-shirts and jeans... and as such, a reality show should aim to reflect reality as much as possible, right?

this is still aubry.

The Fear Fam said...

You know what made me say "WHAT?!" You're pregnant! I guess I've been bad at reading blogs because I missed your last announcement. Congratulations! That is so exciting. I will admit going from 3 to 4 was very hard for me, but now that 8 months have passed, I think I finally have it under control. LOL! Not trying to scare you, just telling it like it is. :) You will probably handle the transition with much more grace than I did. It is always so wonderful to have a new little baby to hold, and a new little personality to add to the family!

Anyway... We're very excited for you! I hope you are feeling well. Congrats again!!

Andi said...

agree with jamie on the gestating, yikers.
great post robin, made me laugh.