Sunday, March 29, 2009

a shakin' good time


yesterday afternoon we had a fabulous little party for macy.
it was literally the first day we could wear short sleeves in months. the weather was beyond perfect and the party was so much fun. as the invitation says, the theme was "shake things up" with macy. so, fitting in with the "shake" theme, the kids made their own shakers, played hula-hoop games, and had a dance party with their newly-made shakers. and then the best part of all, we served strawberry milkshakes. yum!


as i've said before, so many of our friends live in our same apartment complex, so simply stating "outside" on the invitations was enough information.


i had a lot of fun doing this party, even though i get nervous for things like this. why? i have no idea. i know that the average age of my guests was five, but still . . .
my friend melanie said it best when she said, "birthday parties are like the final exam of motherhood".

i stayed up way too late making that banner. but that's okay. it was all worth it. it was worth that and more to celebrate the life of macy. she is such a sweet girl and i love that she is in my life. i love her adorable smile and her beautiful eyes. i love how shy she is. i love how she says the words that she says.
i love everything about my darling girl.



today on her actual birthday, the "birthday fairy" brought more presents and she blew out the candles on her cupcake and then proceeded to very slowly lick the frosting off.


it was an awesome birthday weekend.

(i had the great idea of "hiring" a photographer to capture it all because i knew i would be too busy to do it myself. my friend brooke and her husband brady did all the great photography. thanks you two. i know i already said this, but the check's in the mail.)



16 comments:

Fulkerson Clan said...

what a cute party robin! i loved everything about it, very original shake idea too by the way. i can't believe macy is 3, it's weird to think i've never met 2 of your kids! but thanks to your marvelous blogging talent, i feel like i know them well :) keep up the posts and the great parties!

The Fear Fam said...

Adorable invitations! Happy Birthday to Macy. :)

Waltman said...

Robin I'm pretty sure that was the cutest party I've ever been to. Perfect for sweet little Macy.

Marci said...

Hello my Bobin! I rarely leave comments on blogs (I don't know why really because I love getting comments on mine) but Macy's party was just too cute to simply not comment. So here is my comment: Happy Birthday Macy! Your mom (and probably your mom's friend Raubry) might just be the most creative genius in the world! Seriously, your "shake it up" fun will be copied in the Weatherspoon home sometime soon! Please inform your mom that she needs to come and be my personal party planner. Oh, and she can only come if she brings you with your darling pixie haircut, Parker (Morgan's future roommate), and that squishy brother of yours! P.S. the quilt...simply amazing!

aubry. said...

i'm laughing right now... because marci KNEW you consulted with me on this here party...

laughing. i'm so predictable. and so are you.

aubry. said...

tell those little friends of yours they took great photographs. and your collage... time consuming as it may be, was FANTASTIC.

aubry. said...

the banner, my friend, was amazing. a-maz-ing. job well done. our store is calling our name...

aubry. said...

i waited for you "outside" but didn't see a party. i must have been waiting in the wrong "outside".

Nicole said...

That is one styling party! Wish we could have been there! I've yet to throw a REAL party for either of my boys. I have failed the motherhood test many times! Caleb will be 3 in May, maybe I can redeem myself!

Janis said...

Ok that is the cutest party ever. I love the colors and the banner and the shakes and the invitations and the men in aprons and the kids faces and especially our Macy Joy.

Your photographers and the weather did a great job too.

brooke said...

check??? of course we don't need a check. getting me up at five thirty ever morning is payment enough. really.

lara said...

you my friend are a wonderment. a wonderment! what a mom you are. sorry i am lamo about commenting...i just love your blog my dear.

and robin, and all other bloggers out there. can someone please blog about these weird words we have to write post our blog? i think someone should write an adventure story about them. for today? the "quilting adventures of NORTCH." doesn't that sound nice?

i MISS you.

Lisa-Marie said...

Robin Robin Bo Bobin....That is the best idea for a party E-VER! Too much fun. Perfect for little Miss Macy.

Meg will be three this year. I'm thinkin' a shake it up with Meg party will be in the works. I'll send you a check for the royalties on the brilliant idea!

I ALWAYS wish we lived closer when I read your blog. I have such a love hate relationship with being able to see your everyday doings. It just makes me miss you so much more. I'm so happy that we were college buds but I wish we could be mommy buddies too!

Papa Dave said...

absolutely too cute!!! Brings back memories of many b-days with you, Scott, Jamie and Craig. Macy is too cute, but of course I am very very very prejudiced, in a grandfatherly way!!! Love to all.
DAD

aubry. said...

Holy 14 comments! Now would be a perfect time to express to Parker how cool you really are. Again.

So popular. Such a hit!

Heather said...

Oh man you are making me feel like I am flunking motherhood. I am caving this year and the boys bday is going to be easy shmeesy at Chuck e Cheese. please don't tell them they got jipped in the mommy department. happy bday Miss Macy!!