i cried as i took down the kids' christmas art on saturday. as i untaped macy's reindeer with handprint antlers, knowing her handprints will never be that same size again. as i folded up parker's letters to santa, knowing her handwriting and her unique way of spelling will all be different next year. as i saved the special masterpieces and reluctantly tossed the rest.
being a mom is hard. but no one ever told me i would someday be crying over handprints and stockings made out of cotton and glitter. . .

8 comments:
be quiet. you're making me cry.
totally what kera said. cause really, it gets annoying... all this crying.
Robin, for your birthday I am making you a stocking out of cotton and glitter with my handprint on it. You are welcome.
now I'm going to cry because I forgot to cry about that stuff. Some days it's just pure survival around here.
Oh my. I already cried over the end of Christmas. Now I'm crying again thinking about how different Christmas will be when I have kiddos. Saying goodbye to all the Christmas trinkets....oh my.
Sniff, sniff, indeed.
I'm a Dad, therefore I remember... and shed a few sighs and tears also.
what a doll that little girl is.
i love this post and i love kelly's comment. i'm doing the pure survival thing these days. but i do have my "awwwww" days.
this is the perfect picture. sweet, sweet, sweet.
Post a Comment