Wednesday, January 12, 2011

because everyone loves a good "look what happened when i fell asleep on the couch" post

and because we live in 2011... before we get mad, we take pictures.


plus, he had a really stinky diaper which added to the annoyance level a thousand percent.

18 comments:

abby said...

oh man, oh man...my heart is racing for you. did you yell? i would have yelled but i guess modern parenting wisdom tells us we shouldn't yell at these things. it is really really funny though. you'll love to show him the pictures when he's 18.

Lisa-Marie said...

uh, ya. i want more details. did it come off the floor? did you laugh? did you cry? did you yell? (my reaction would have varied depending on the day. my poor kids with their unstable mother!) did you get another nap? cause after that you deserve it!

kelly said...

bahahaha! holy moly! he's the incredible Hulk! boy o boy- food coloring is right up there with permanent marker and nail polish. I feel for you (you remember Lena). You captured yourself a picture that will go down in your parenting history book.

The Fear Fam said...

Well, at least he had the good sense to spill it on the tile, and under the table. And you had the good sense to capture it for posterity! :)

Laurie Von said...

ROFL that is some good crap!!! oli that is absolutely the finest work i've seen in a while. i love mischief--way to grab the camera! is he still green?

Carrie said...

so this is what I've yet to figure out - how do we explain to our kids in instances like this, "yes, I'm mad. yes, you did something naughty and you better never do it again," while at the same time we're running to get the camera and having them pose in all their naughty glory. Maybe we could say the pictures are to send to the police...that might work. Although here, I'm not sure cute Ollie is being naughty - maybe he just couldn't reach the crayons. he was being innovative. what a smart kid you've got!!

basket 411 said...

oh robin, oh robin . . . i am laughing out loud! i am sorry, but that's funny (i know i am cursing myself for future parenting days). i can't wait to hear the follow up on this one. my guess is ollie is going to be green for a few days!

Marci said...

Holy Cow Bobin! I don't even know how I would handle that one! He sure does look cute when he is being super naughty! Like Lisa, I want to know if it came off of the floor? Also, is that your table and chairs all repainted? If so, you need to post pictures!

Papa Dave said...

Perhaps there is a deeper message here. Perhaps Ollie is crying out for more variety in his diet-the color type!!! Or perhaps he is having a hard time knowing that Sawyer is eating solid foods now and that those foods may have more color in them...Just a grandfatherly thought. I too am anxious for the follow up blog. Did it get cleaned up? Love Dad

MaryPosa said...

Oh the green feet, kind of like the Hulk, eh? I do the same thing though. What? My kid just emptied a whole thing of baby powder all over her room/self? Let me grab the camera. :)

Glenda M said...

oh my goodness....:-) I just love your blogs! Love this little guy. Did he tell you he was sorry?

jamie said...

wow robin. this is why you have 4 kids and i have 1 and a half. if this boy was my child, he'd be living with the gypsies by now.

high fives to you and your immeasurable patience (assuming you didn't put him out by the curb).

Sweet J said...

I die...I showed everyone at work. I laughed until I cried.

aubry. said...

i bet you used a lot of baby wipes to clean oliver's feet. remember how you trained your children to obsessively clean their feet with baby wipes?

you're such a mom.

brooke said...

that last picture kills me.
he doesn't look a bit too proud to be in this photo shoot.
he totally knows he got busted.
i wish i could have seen him trying to stand up underneath the table trying to put his feet in it.
oliver i love the food coloring...so creative.
the diaper though?
that's kind of a deal breaker.
3 yr old stinky diapers are the WORST.

brooke said...

that last picture kills me.
he doesn't look a bit too proud to be in this photo shoot.
he totally knows he got busted.
i wish i could have seen him trying to stand up underneath the table trying to put his feet in it.
oliver i love the food coloring...so creative.
the diaper though?
that's kind of a deal breaker.
3 yr old stinky diapers are the WORST.

Bridget said...

ha - so cute.

Ginnie said...

Oh my goodness! And I thought the tooth paste smeared in my hair brush was bad, LOL! ;)