a while ago, i made a promise to marci that i would do a headband post. after being properly reprimanded, i am finally doing it!
first of all, a little about the inspiration . . .
i became obsessed with these headbands found here . . .
and here (i want everything in her shop. plus, she's from rexburg. . . bonus.)
and here . . . (aren't those adorable? i could die . . .)
so, with the fire burning in me to make me some headbands, some of us girls got together and had a craft night and i made like a dozen headbands. it was crazy. it really is easy though, i promise. . .
here is my awesome tutorial. . .
a.) sorry about the astroturf look of it all, it just wasn't showing up enough on the cute tablecloth i was using . . . 2.) my glue gun doesn't actually have any glue in it, so you have to imagine that i am gluing that felt circle . . . with a lot of glue . . . d.) that's all. i just wanted to finish out my "wayne's world" reference of a.) 2.) d.)
find a good flower and cut the stem off as much as possible . . .
cut out a felt circle and hot glue it to the back of the flower with the headband between . . .
voila!
also, if you want to do more than one flower, i suggest doing it like so, with one piece of felt . . .
to make the felt headbands, i just cut out the flowers and leaves, hot glued them together, and sewed it onto a headband along with the button.
i also made a bunch for me as well, but those pictures didn't turn out so well . . .
and then, after i made all those headbands, i ordered my own motley headband (they were my inspiration after all!) and i love it . . .
oh, and i got the hair elastics and headbands at target (they come in bunches).

12 comments:
This is really a 'heads-up' post my daughter. Perhaps we need to 'band together' as a family and make these things. Way cute models for the headbands. Can't wait to see all of you .
Love Dad
PS Too much cheese above?
oh my gosh robin! will you come down here and make headbands with me? please? thanks for the headband tute. i'm going to make a bunch of these. right after i chop my hair. any suggested locations for finding non-tacky flowers?
robin! these are amazing and i want to make some RIGHT NOW . . . too bad it's 10:00pm and every craft store in boise is closed.
i'm dying. i'm worried i will look silly . . . you pull stuff off like this so well. i want to be cute like you . . .
p.s . . . totally agree with your pa. ridiculously cute models.
thanks for sharing the goodness!
What do you mean you are not crafty? Look at you go. I love the pictures and models. I love your hair color. I love Macy's eyelashes. Would a 50+ lady look silly in one of these?
Thanks, Marci! I, too, have been awed and inspired into buying a glue gun. And after I've wondered and wondered, too, of just how to get me some of those... I'm so going shopping tomorrow--watch out, Target! I'll have my hands full!
THANK YOU THANK YOU BOBIN!!! You have made all of my dreams come true! I LOVE these headbands and cannont wait to make some with Morgan. I don't think I could pull off wearing one though...how do you do it so well?
By the way, Morgan just asked if you and your family are ever going to come and visit us? I think she wants to be friends with Parker and Macy. So please, come visit. Then again, I LOVE the East coast so maybe we should come to you.
Thank you again for this post...it was wonderful!!!
i love that you're wearing a purple t shirt. brave. i have one. it's got notorious b.i.g. on it. do we possssssibly have the same one? wouldn't that be so cool?
and i think you have great hair color right now. i want it.
friend of marci's! thanks so much for this quick and easy tutorial. i think that even i can handle this!
OK....you are crafty and that officially makes me the only girl in the world who can not make ANYTHING....oh wait I can make a honey bun cake and pluck your eyebrows with a string....but you do not want to learn that where I learned that...
jen is mistaken. she can also make chicken AND pork chops in the george.
she also sewed buttons on like 78946 cardigans last night. i watched her do it myself.
go you! love the ranunculus on ya!
Post a Comment