back in my days at the shanty, my roommates and i liked to play a little game. we believed (and still believe) that everyone looks like an animal.
we all knew what animals we were and we would talk about people we knew and what animals they looked like. it would happen a lot that friends who knew of our little game would ask to please be assigned an animal. we'd sit back, stare at their face and usually, within minutes (or seconds if the person was particularly obvious), it would come to us.
"a horse!"
"a cat!"
"a lion cub!"
the rules of the game are these: 1.) you cannot be offended by your animal because... 2.) when we give you an animal, you have to picture it as a cute cartoon depiction of your animal.
for example, my beautiful shanty roommate lisa-marie is a camel. but, what we have pictured in our heads is a girly, animated camel with big, beautiful eyes, lots of eyelashes and a sweet face. get the idea?
let's play . . .
(i tried to find cute cartoon versions of everyone's animal, but that was kinda hard, so just use your imagination. for some i was able to find a good cartoon version, so i'll start with those so you get the picture . . .)
cindy (a fellow shanty girl) is such a goldfish. to me, she is one of the best examples of the animal game.
macy is a baby penguin.
i always say that i'm a dinosaur, but people voted me a lamb.
now, for the rest of my family and friends that i'm about to highlight, please forgive me for not being able to find a good enough cartoon version of your animal identity. just remember the rules!
in addition to cindy, below are the shanty girls (all old roommates of mine and best friends still) who are very familiar with the animal game...
aubry, a parrot
lara, a koala bear. which is also parker's animal.
marci, a lizard.
lisa-marie, the aforementioned camel. but remember, not a real camel...
andi, a giraffe.
corrina, a cat.
now for some of the family . . .
josh is a tree frog.
my mom is such a deer.
my brother scott is really a hamster to me, but everyone else says a wolf.
and scott's wife kiana . . . a turtle.
my brothers and dad look alike, so along with scotty, they also fall under the hamster category.
what animal are you?
13 comments:
Best blog entry ever. EVER. I'm posting a link. I see people who are SUCH animals sometimes, but don't have anyone to explain it to who won't think i'm a total nut. This explainss it perfectly! BUT... I still don't see parrot. Nope. I don't.
love this! today is the first day of my leave (wahoo), and i'm playing catch up on blogs and emails, i miss you guys, and this post wins big. love love love it, thanks bopper.
This is so funny because just the other day (while laying in bed with nothing to do...blah!)I was creating this VERY blog post in my head! You beat me to the punch. Can I steal it?
I've yet to figure out what my kids are. That is sad. What did we decide Kendon was? I see him as a yellow lab. Yes? No?
This was so fun. Thanks for the laugh. I think I have it in me to go clean now!
And really Aubry? Really? You don't see it?
seriously aubs...you are SUCH a parrot.
and sorry rob...you are TOTALLY a lamb. just look at the picture of the lamb next to your ridiculously adorable face...such a lamb!
i LOVE this post robs! i too have a heck of a time explaining this to people sometimes. most just think i am a nut when i attempt. i'm so glad i have 15 other ladies out there who get it. boy...i miss you ladies a lot sometimes!
This post was hilarious and as I was going through each one...I TOTALLY saw the animal! Too funny!
Bobin...this totally made my day!! I think of the animal game ALL OF THE TIME!! Like Raubry said, I look at people sometimes and completely wish I could tell them they resemble an animal...but how would I go about doing that without offending? "No offense" does not always work outside of the Shanty walls. Will you also do Morgan and Owen? I am like Lisa and can't seem to name my own kids. I too will have to post a link! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my old roommates...how did I ever get so lucky to have such wonderful friends?
I always knew there was a little hampster in me. The only problem is that the only hampster we ever had as a pet rolled over and died of fright in the cage in his cage. We were a pretty scary family back then, i guess. What a great blog! Thanks princess.
Love Dad
Wow. I got bad inglish. Let me rephrase that last comment.
I always knew there was a little hampster in me. The problem is that the only hampster we ever had as a pet rolled over and died of fright in his cage. We were a pretty scary family back then, i guess. What a great blog! Thanks princess.
I thought we decided that Josh was a tree monkey.
Love this post Robin. You and the shanty girls are so clever.
Got my cute card today. So adorable. Thank you. Love you too.
robin, i think you could have a home-based business here. you know, identifying the hidden creatures in others' family members, worst enemies (don't say me), etc. my favorite thus far is the shipley/hamster comparison. craig is the best hamster ever.
(i also have a hamster death in my past dave. i'm sure it wasn't you.)
i am honored to share my animal with miss parker.
i too have a hard time explaining this to people, but when i tell them my animal i get and "oh yeah..." and then they want to play.
it's going to sweep the nation.
i always wonder what kind of animal I am. I think I can look like a koala
robin...please tell me what animal i am! :) i will not be offended! :) this is too fun!
Post a Comment