as this mommy's weeks come to a close,
there is one thing i truly know.
there is one thing i truly know.
a break is something i surely could use
from my kids! or my mind, i just might lose!
so - who do i turn to?
who do i call
to hang with when i need to get away from it all?
why, the old gang of course!
you know who you are
we grew up together and haven't gone far.
we've known each other for so very long
it's hard to believe, where has the time gone?
we've seen each other through some awesome fashions
first cars, first wrecks, and teenager "passions".
from primary to girls' camp, high school and dances
we're still together, now what are those chances?
now married with children and husbands who care,
i'm glad i have friends who've forgotten my hair!
so thank you old friends for being there now
for stories and laughter, diet coke and some chow.
(plus a shout out to our new friend molly!)
2 comments:
Robin,
That was so fun to read. What a talented gal!!!!
It is fun to see pics of you with your "before me" friends. Sometimes I forget that we each had our own lives before we met. That sounds rude. But you know what I mean. What lucky girls to have known you so long. (BIG hair and all!!!!)
Did you really write that poem? You are amazing! I thought it must have been from some famous author or something until I read the line about your hair! Ha!
I will NEVER forget your hair!
You rule,
Stacey
Post a Comment