my heart was pounding as i finished getting ready. was i nervous to play the piano for mitt? what was my problem? WOULD HE HAND OUT MONEY???
as i pulled into the parking lot, my suspicions were confirmed. police cars, a fire truck, and secret service had invaded the church parking lot. there were also news reporters and cameras waiting outside. as i walked in the building a few secret service agents entered the building as well, adding to the ones in the hall and foyer. as i walked into the chapel there they were... ann and mitt. sitting in the back row. like a couple of normal mormons. no entourage, just a few secret service agents sprinkled throughout the congregation, sitting among families, serious faces and earpieces in place. we were sitting a few rows in front of them and everything inside of me was screaming to tweet something, or instagram something!!! anything!!! all i could think of was how i could get a picture. but alas, i kept my cool and decided against a totally obvious photo-op.
then it was time for the primary program. as i was playing all i could think was "mitt romney is here, MITT ROMNEY IS HERE!!!! i'm playing piano for mitt romney!! what if he thinks i'm SO great and asks me to be his campaign pianist?!! IS THERE SUCH A THING?" it was so hard for me to not just stare the whole time i was up there, because I HAD THE BEST VIEW! oh what i wouldn't have done to take a picture from up on the stand...
ollie got up to say one of his parts and he had a giggling attack and everyone laughed. i glanced at mitt and he was chuckling. thatta boy, ollie. parker gave her excellent talk on baptism and macy killed it with her big word she had been practicing, "avoiding". the entire program was awesome and i'm sure mitt and ann LOVED it and had never seen anything more spectacular.
when the meeting was over, secret service rushed mitt out of the building, but not before josh was able to run around the building and get a handshake as he exited. but ann, poor ann. mitt left ann to the wolves. seriously, during sacrament meeting we all held it together, but as soon as that "amen" was said all of our crazy came out. she just stood there in the foyer as people rotated around her snapping pictures and posing with her like she was a zoo animal. and i was one of them! i got my picture! and the whole time she was saying "i think i'm going to be late for sunday school..." poor woman. we mormons be crazy!
![]() |
| josh found this picture on the internet and added the names for clarification. |
it was definitely the most exciting thing to ever happen to the boca raton ward. and i'm sure mitt will never forget the cute sunbeam who made him laugh.


12 comments:
so cool! too bad I was in the hospital having a baby, or we would've come to watch the primary program! seeing the romneys would've been an added bonus!
My favorite part is the campaign pianist! Makes me laugh!
I've been waiting for this for weeks! And it didn't disappoint! Such a great story!! And fortunate that it was the Primary program so some poor speakers didn't have to be scared out of their minds.
Now THAT is a great story! I'm feeling all butterfly-ish now knowing that I know someone who posed with Sister Romney (I like to call her sister - reminds me that we're pretty much family). And Ollie and Mitt - they're pretty tight now laughing at eachother's jokes and all. Ollie and Mitt - that just sounds good. Can I please share this on my blog? I have some friends who would love it! Go Mitt!!
Yep.. big relief that it was the Primary Program!!! Holla. I loved every sing word of this. Money?! What if he hands out money? Ha!!
P.S. when we lived in Jackson, I spoke the week before Elder L. Tom Perry came to visit Jackson. I'm SOOOO glad that I wasn't the speaker that week with him there-especially because I didn't plan a talk. I just read a hymn, bore my testimony, and sat down ( I was bitter that I had to speak at all. low point.)
Josh Ladle 2016!
This is awesome. WOULD HE HAND OUT MONEY??
I can't believe I know Josh Ladle! The creepy guy who lurked in the shadows, ogling Mitt Romney while he shook hands with normal people. I practically feel famous myself.
this is a very late comment. but this is the best thing in all of the land.
this was hilarious robin..hahah, i seriously loved it!! and i'm still jealous :)
Catching up on blog reading (obviously I'm super late!) but I had to say, this post made me laugh out loud.
Dear Robin,
Please keep blogging.
Love,
Stacey
Post a Comment